The Faculty’s international presence takes many forms. Our faculty, students and staff spearhead more than 100 global health initiatives that include capacity building, education and research sectors. We promote international cooperation in health research to encourage, facilitate and coordinate the development of international activities and projects initiated by Faculty members, academic units or by the Faculty of Medicine.
We maintain international partnerships through research collaboration such as graduate student, post-Doctoral Fellows and faculty member exchanges, as well as capacity building, student exchange and clinical service.
What We Do
- Coordinate the planning, establishment and implementation of international cooperation in health research projects initiated either at the U of T or internationally
- Create opportunities of collaboration with our international partners
- Develop existing international cooperation projects
- Advise interested parties on the steps to be taken to establish partnerships/collaboration with international partners and advise on Collaboration Agreements
- Liaising with UofT's International Relations Office and international relations offices in various institutions and agencies across the world.
International Strategic Research Foci
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa
- Europe: France, Germany, Italy, Scandinavia, U.K.
- Asia: China, India, Japan, Singapore
- Pacific Region: Australia
- South America: Brazil
Information for Research Delegations
- Request for Visit form (DOC)
Faculty of Medicine International Relations
C. David Naylor Building
6 Queen's Park Crescent West, #312
Toronto, Ontario M5S 3H2 Canada
- VP International Relations, U of T
- Undergraduate Medical Education Electives Program at U of T
- This is U of T
- International Student Centre, U of T
- Safety Abroad Office, U of T
- Safety Abroad Travel Guide, U of T
- Faculty of Medicine's Global Health Roadmap (PDF)