- Update on the Project Grant and Foundation Grant competitions: Dr. Jeff Latimer answers questions from the research community regarding the Project Grant and Foundation Grant competitions - January 19, 2017
- CIHR Foundation Grants 2016 webinar slidedeck - September 28, 2016
- CIHR Project Grants Fall 2016 webinar slidedeck - September 27, 2016
- UofT CIHR Foundation and Project Grants Info session slidedeck - September 29, 2016
- Final Update from Dr. Paul Kubes, Chair of the CIHR Peer Review Working Group - September 14, 2016
- CIHR Peer Review Recruitment and Final Peer Review Working Group Update (PDF): A message from the Vice-President, Research and Innovation to the University of Toronto's CIHR Community - September 14, 2016
- CIHR: Upcoming Question and Answer webinars on the Fall 2016 Project Grant application and the 2016 Foundation Grant stage 1 application. To see the complete webinar schedule for both programs, to register to a session and for more information, please visit the CIHR Learning activities and resources webinar page.
- Update on CIHR 2016 Fall Project and Foundation Grant timelines and Peer Review Working Group Recommendations (PDF): A message from the Vice-President, Research and Innovation to the University of Toronto's CIHR Community - August 17, 2016
- Second update from Dr. Paul Kubes, Chair of the CIHR Peer Review Working Group - August 16, 2016
- Update on Program Structure and Peer Review Changes at CIHR (PDF): A message from Vivek Goel, Vice-President, Reserach & Innovation to the University of Toronto's CIHR community - August 5, 2016
- Update from Dr. Paul Kubes, Chair of the CIHR Peer Review Working Group - August 2, 2016
- Federal Science Review & Consultation - Points for Discussion (PDF): A message from Vivek Goel, Vice-President, Research & Innovation - July 12, 2016.
- Outcomes of the working meeting to discuss CIHR peer review processes - July 13, 2016
- Program Structure and Peer Review Changes at CIHR (PDF): A message from Vivek Goel, Vice-President, Research & Innovation to the University of Toronto's CIHR Community - July 5, 2016
- Message from the Minister of Health to Canada's health research community - July 5, 2016
- Tri-Agencies adopt Statement of Principles on Digital Data Management June 15, 2016
- Government of Canada Launches Review of Federal Support for Fundamental Science June 13, 2016
- Letter from Alain Beaudet, President of CIHR, on the release of the Foundation Grant pilot competition report May 2016
- Open letter from Alain Beaudet, President of CIHR, to Canada's health researchers April 14, 2016
- CIHR Project Scheme Workshop slidedecks posted from January 7, 2016
- Tri-Agency Open Access Policy Compliance - Support from U of T libraries
- Project Scheme Live Pilots - Q & A
- 2015 Grant Writing Workshop - CIHR: The Changing Landscape (Slidedeck 18/06/15)
- Health Research Roadmap II: Capturing Innovation to Produce Better Health and Health Care for Canadians
- CIHR Town Hall - Slidedeck posted from January 15, 2015
- Integration of CIHR's legacy open programs
- Useful Links for CIHR Foundation Scheme Applicants
- CIHR Summary of results of the Stage 1 review process for the first Foundation Scheme Pilot (PDF version)
- CIHR Application Strategy Workshop - Webinar Link from January 15, 2014 and the complete CIHR Slidedeck
- CIHR Reforms of Open Programs and peer review: questions and answers
- UofT TAHSN Response to CIHR Proposed Changes April 2012 (PDF)
- CIHR University Delegate, News & Bulletins
CIHR APPLICATIONS TO BE ADMINISTERED BY THE UNIVERSITY
IMPORTANT: Faculty are strongly encouraged to submit their CIHR applications for both editorial and scientific review. The combination of sciencific review and editorial review is the most effective way to increase the probability of funding success.
FMRO provides editorial reviews free of charge for St. George campus-based researchers, please contact the editors as soon as possible. Click here for details.
The Departments with web-based information on their scientific review process are:
Researchers in other Departments should contact their own Department for assistance.
IMPORTANT! BRIDGE FUNDING: Those researchers on the St. George campus who may be eligible to apply for bridge funding following an unsuccessful research application MUST have had both scientific and editorial reviews prior to submission.
My Research Applications (MRA). Applicants MUST have submitted their application information online via the My Research Applications portal. This is an online submission process to obtain institutional approval on research applications. Please note that you will be required to upload a copy of the application to this online submission. Please complete this step as early as possible and at least several days ahead of the deadline to insure all approvals are obtained on time. Please visit the OVPRI's MRA webpage for complete information an this process
Please note there are still two elements to a research application at the University of Toronto: your proposal to the sponsor, and University approval to apply. MRA facilitates University approval to apply, replacing the RIS Application Attachment form (aka Blue form). MRA does not replace the need to submit your final proposal to the sponsor.
Dean's Letter of Support for Career Awards
Clinician Scientist Training Award, Clinician Scientist Salary Award, and New Investigator Salary Award applications require letters of support from the Dean of Faculty, as well as documentation from the Chair of the applicant's University Department.
Where required, the Letter of the Dean will be provided through the Faculty of Medicine Research Office. Please contact Daniel Harney or 416-978-3488 at least 10 working days in advance of the agency deadline.
Principal investigators located at hospitals must consult with the hospital research office at the administrative site of a grant. For further information on applications that must be administered through the University please contact Cindy Faber, tel: 416-978-5834
Dean's Letter of Support for Career Awards
Clinician Scientist Training Award, Clinician Scientist Salary Award, and New Investigator Salary Award applications being submitted through hospital research institutes should contact their institution's hospital research office for guidance, as the Letter from the Dean will be provided by the hospital's Vice President, Research.